Essential Oils & Depression
Suffering from depression can throw anyone off his game. It impacts many areas of the body causing weight gain, lack of sleep, lack of concentration, irritability and more.
There are several things you can do to hold depression at bay. Regular exercise, meditation, and deep breathing exercises help; so do essential oils.
Here is a list of oils that can help alleviate symptoms of depression, combinations of those oils, and ways to utilize them. Please note: in using essential oils, make sure you have the real thing. Use 100% pure essential oils. There are companies that produce cheap “substitutes”, however these are not pure oil and do not provide any benefit.
- Ylang ylang
- Bergamot & Lavender
- Sage & Lavender
- Ylang ylang & Jasmine
- Mandarin & Chamomile
- Chamomile, Ylang ylang & Mandarin
- Sage, Bergamot & Lavender
- To use as body oil/lotion, find a good carrier oil such as jojoba, coconut, or olive oil. Mix 15-20 drops of any other oil per 1 ounce of your carrier oil. For other carrier oil choices, click here. Carrier oils aren’t spoken about much because they don’t provide the homeopathic benefits of essential oils, however they are essential oil’s best friend!
- Place one drop of oil on your hands and place your hands near your face for deep breathing. When you have finished, make sure to wash off the essential oil. Essential oils are very strong and should not be applied alone with out a carrier oil.
- Bathing with oil is soothing – just make sure you watch the slick tub when you’re exiting. Use 3-4 drops for a full regular bath. Larger tubs can take 5-8 drops. A little goes a long way!
- Smelling the oils is powerful. If you’re going to mix them for smelling use a small glass bottle, never plastic or acrylic.
Winning at your game of life isn’t possible if you’re not taking care of your health. Let’s talk about a strategy for you to get to the place you want to be. Click here to schedule a free 30 minute strategy session.